New loveLife Trust is looking for a Management Accountant to do end-to-end Management Information Reporting, Budgeting, Donor Reporting and Overall Business Support.
The successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following functions with technical excellence:
- Management Information Reporting- Prepare monthly & quarterly management accounts reporting pack for the organisation
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports and discuss as necessary with the departments or budget holders.
- Prepare rolling project expenditure reports for Program Managers
- Coordinate and participate in Business Plan drafting, challenge sessions and reviews with the whole business
- Compilation of variance analysis report and commentary thereto on a monthly basis
- Ensures that adequate information is available for budget holders to monitor/assess their financial spend progress against funded programmes
- Preparation of adhoc reports to assist with management decisions as and when required
- Assume full responsibility and ownership of Donor/ Funder financial reporting and process management
- Prepare all Donor /Funder reports accurately, timely in line with donor/ funder requirements
- Liaison and coordinate with all Departments on donor/ funder financial requirements
- Design templates to collate financial data and for use in donor/funder reports where this is not prescribed
- Provide and manage the accurate donor/funder and project coding of all input to ERP/GL from staff
- Determining monthly, quarterly and yearly standards, based on organisation premises
- Obtaining Programmes Management & Exco approval of budget assumptions
- Compile the company’s budgets in line with organisation and funder formats
- Critically appraising detailed budgets – challenge assumptions where necessary
- Co-ordinate capital investment requests preparation in line with organisation and funder requirements
- Reports to internal management and Funders/Donors as per required format and timelines.
- Input all budgets in ERP and updates quarterly
- Update monthly budget & Latest Estimate of budget for use internally and at quarterly performance reviews.
- Provides Management team with Business Indicators, Industry, & profitability analysis.
- Provides information analysing actuals vs. budgets on specific adhoc requests for budget holders
- Ensures Pastel data base is adequately maintained for accounting and reporting
- Ensure adequate Finance KPI’s / internal reporting is provided to the loveLife management team
- Adhoc requests for costing of projects or programmes inputs
- Annual review of program costings
Suitable candidates will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- B Com degree/Honours with accounting as a major, CTA or CIMA qualified or close to completion (strategic level).
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar position or senior;
- Management Accounting, business planning and strategy implementation experience essential
- Financial Modelling & Excel skills
- Governance & Business control
- Activity Based Costing experience
- Coordination and problem solving
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Personality with drive and energy
- Accurate, analytical and detail oriented
- Diligent and able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of fund accounting, project accounting including and reporting requirements to major Government agencies, is an advantage
Total remuneration package: R500 000 CTC per annum
Please forward a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach loveLife National Offices no later than 25 June 2017
Please note that:
- The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL