The Trust is looking for a Games Coordinator to ensure the successful implementation of all components of the loveLife Games programme within the region. The successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following functions with technical excellence.
- Conduct a situational analysis to assess nature of existing partnerships and relevant future partnerships focusing specifically on school sports in the province.
- Develop relevant partnerships with school sports and other sports associations to further the mission of the loveLife Games.
- Formalise partnerships through the signing of memoranda of understanding.
- Ensure constant communication with partners and stakeholders at relevant levels.
- Linking the Y-Centre Academy to relevant stakeholders to develop and enhance an effective games programme within the facility.
- Identify and invite delegates relevant to the mission of the loveLife Games, and align training design, location, and other logistics to the needs of the delegates.
- Implement the loveLife Games quality assurance process at all training events.
- Activate the loveLife Games at national, regional, and district Sports, Arts and Culture events in partnership with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Regional Staff the implementation of loveLife Games at Youth Festivals, Arts and Culture Festivals and Special Events arranged by groundBREAKERS at site/hub events.
- Partner with Local Organising Committees (LOC’s) in the targeted districts and regions, and at provincial level, and Community Action Teams in all communities that implement Sports, Arts and Culture activities.
- Work closely with loveLife loveLifestyle Programme Coordinators and ensure that they are serving on the LOCs in order to ensure that loveLife Games events are executed effectively.
- Support the Y-Centre games activities for sustainable and effective use of its existing facilities.
- Compile narrative and target-based reports to assess performance on a monthly basis; submit these reports to the Programmes Manager
- Submit a comprehensive calendar of provincial activities on a quarterly basis to inform implementation and reporting to donors
- Coordinate the implementation of the loveLife Games Body Y’s Challenges at partner sport, arts and culture event activations, at youth festivals, Arts and Culture Festivals and Special Events arranged by groundBREAKERS at site/hub events.
- Implement budgeting and requisition procedures that comply with loveLife Finance policies.
- Identify key stakeholders within the regional government, the corporate sector, and other NGOs, as well as the media, and maintain a database for communication purposes.
- Communicate the loveLife Games best practice model for event-based positive lifestyle messaging to relevant stakeholders, preferably through inviting observers to participate in training and loveLife Games events.
- Share programme success stories with existing media platforms on local, regional and provincial level.
Suitable candidates will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualification linked to sports administration, project management, event management, or a related field.
- Experience with regards to Project Management and Event Management with sound financial management background
- Project Management
- Events Management
- Strong Community Development Background
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Financial Management Skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels
- Report writing skills
- Computer Literacy
Total remuneration package: R 221 500 CTC p.a
Please forward a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach loveLife National Offices no later than 3 April 2017.
Please note that:
- The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL